Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Woodhill Forest, New Zealand
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Azua, Dominican Republic
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Basra, Iraq
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Damascus (Intl), Syria
Mcmurdo Sound vs Amherst, Ma, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Tibooburra, Australia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Pituffik/ Thule Air Base, Greenland
Mcmurdo Sound vs Charlotte/ Douglas, Nc, Usa
Tofino, Bc vs Karachi
Mandalgovi vs Recife
Jagdalpur vs Leitchfield, Ky
Perugia, Umbria vs Tsu
- The distance between Cold Bay, Alaska, Usa and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 14,942 km or 9,285 mi.
- To reach Cold Bay, Alaska in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 24° or NNE and follow the great circles arc to approach Cold Bay, Alaska bearing 8.6° or N .
- Cold Bay, Alaska has a subpolar oceanic climate (Cfc) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The mean temperature is 20.8 °C (37.4°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.2 °C (20.2°F) less in Cold Bay, Alaska. The continentality subtype is truly oceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 701.3 mm (27.6 in) more which is equivalent to 701.3 l/m² (17.21 US gal/ft²) or 7,013,000 l/ha (749,736 US gal/ac) more. About 4 2/7 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 23.2° higher in Cold Bay, Alaska than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Cold Bay, Alaska relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Cold Bay, Alaska
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (Â°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Jiuquan, China
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Greenville, Ms, Usa
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Usa
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Methoni, Greece
Mcmurdo Sound vs Barbacena, Brazil
Mcmurdo Sound vs Uliastai, Mongolia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Apalachicola, Florida, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Ulan-Bator/ Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Bambui vs Puerto Aysen
Mwmosa vs Ras Elnakb
El Seybo vs C. Itapemirim
El Golea vs Pilar Obs
Cold Bay, Alaska vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Cold Bay, Alaska
- Galena, Alaska, Usa - 1105.4 kms (686.9 miles) NNE
- Mc Grath, Ak, Usa - 952.3 kms (591.8 miles) NNE
- Talkeetna, Ak, Usa - 1070 kms (664.9 miles) NE
- Anchorage, Alaska, Usa - 994.8 kms (618.2 miles) NE
- Valdez, Ak, Usa - 1159.6 kms (720.6 miles) NE
- Bethel, Alaska, Usa - 622.2 kms (386.6 miles) N
- Homer, Ak, Usa - 831.3 kms (516.6 miles) NE
- King Salmon, Ak, Usa - 533.5 kms (331.5 miles) NE
- Kodiak, Alaska, Usa - 687.8 kms (427.4 miles) ENE
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound